IT Systems Administrator and Support Specialist
Website The Logit Group
The Logit Group is one of North America’s fastest growing marketing research and research execution firms, with headquarters in Toronto and operations across Canada and the US. For over 20 years, The Logit Group has been a leader amongst data collection firms, and our ongoing commitment has been to develop and administer industry-best technologies as the basis of our research execution. Our ambition is to collect accurate, consistent and valuable data for our clients.
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator and Support Specialist based out of our head office in Etobicoke. This position reports to the VP IT. In this role you will be a part of a team responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting the company’s IT infrastructure, policies and procedures. The ideal candidate has a University/College degree in Computer Science (or similar) with 3+ years’ experience in the field.
What you’ll be doing:
- System Administration: Installation, configuration, maintenance and performance optimization of end user devices, software, networks, servers, and telephony systems. Deployment, administration and auditing of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Infrastructure Planning and Deployment: Capacity planning, introduction of new technologies, service improvements, innovation, management of upgrades and new installations. Benchmark, analyze, report and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Security: Work closely with security officer on all aspects of information security, including policy creation, maintenance, compliance, security controls, audits, vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and other security related tasks as appropriate. Configure and monitor IDS, IPS, and SIEM to ensure threats and incidents are detected and responded to in a timely manner.
- Technical Support: Provide all tiers of phone and in-person support to users of all levels for various systems, including e-mail, LAN/WAN, user account administration, standard desktop applications, Remote Desktop Services, call centre applications.
- Documentation: Develop and maintain comprehensive supporting documentation for production systems.
Do you have the right qualifications?
- Eligible to work in Canada.Extensive knowledge of Windows systems and related technologies (e.g. Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, MS SQL) in both cloud environments and on-premise virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Direct prior experience with core security technologies such as SIEM (LogRhythm preferred), IDS, IPS, DLP, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and endpoint security solutions.
- PIPEDA/GDPR/HIPPA/ISO27001 compliance knowledge as it relates to privacy and security best practices.
- Experience with telephony infrastructure (IP PBX, SIP, ISDN PRI) is an asset.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities, both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
We invite you to submit your application, including cover letter and resume, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to anticipated volumes of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com