Website The Logit Group
The Logit Group is one of North America’s fastest growing marketing research and research execution firms, with headquarters in Toronto and operations across Canada and the US. For over 20 years, The Logit Group has been a leader amongst data collection firms, and our ongoing commitment has been to develop and administer industry-best technologies as the basis of our research execution. Our ambition is to collect accurate, consistent and valuable data for our clients.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Human Resources who will help to take our HR function to the next level. Reporting to the Managing Partner, you will help to build and streamline Logit’s HR practices and enhance the organization’s culture by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. This is a unique opportunity to mold run the human resource function across a fast-growing company. This position is located in our head office in Etobicoke. The ideal candidate would have 5 to 10 years of general human resources experience within a private- or owner-operated company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruitment: Create and implement recruitment plans to attract and identify candidates, conduct interviews, make recommendations to hiring managers, research different recruitment tools, conduct reference checks, and review or prepare offer packages.
- Staff Planning and Call Centre Resourcing: Working closely with different functional department leadership, proactively identify staffing levels and training needs for each group, and assist managers in implementing and delivering against plan. We have over 300 employees (FTE) including full-time management and technical salaried staff, and part-time hourly staff in our call centres located in Canada and the US.
- Training and development: Coordinate on-boarding, facilitate orientation, and work with managers on development plans and/or corrective measures.
- Health & Safety: Support existing committees and assist in implementation of health and safety policies
- Policy & Procedure: Review and refresh existing HR policies and handbooks, keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and practices in various federal and local jurisdictions in which the company operates in Canada and the US.
- Employee Relations: Develop and maintain employee relations, advise managers on ways to build and maintain solid teams, execute employee engagement measurement program, conduct exit interviews and make recommendations.
Do you have the right qualifications?
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- 5 to 10 years of broad experience in human resources. Experience with a medium-sized owner-operated private company is a must.
- Experience working in the knowledge/services sector is desirable.
- Strong command of employment law.
- US experience is an asset due to our growing presence in the US market.
- College or University Degree in Human Resources Management or related field; CHRP is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain effective and productive working relationships with all company locations and departments.
We invite you to submit your application, including cover letter and resume, and salary expectations to: email@example.com noting “HR” in the subject line. Please note that due to anticipated volumes of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org