Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Customer Service Standard - Policy and Procedures
Original Issue: January 1st, 2017
Last updated: June 15th, 2018
Issued by: The Logit Group
Tel: 438-288-1288 / 1-844-207-7527 x 1288
The Logit Group is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. The feedback process has been made available on the company’s website and internal office bulletin boards. This policy and its procedures apply to all employees, contractors, volunteers, third parties, customers and members of the public that may request an accessible format of an existing or future feedback process, or the use of one or more communication support(s).
Goods and Services
The Logit Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity to persons with a disability to access and benefit from our goods and services. In line with this philosophy, The Logit Group will ensure that:
We will communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- The Logit Group shall provide goods and services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The goods and services provided to persons with disabilities shall be integrated with the provision to others unless an alternative measure is necessary to allow a person with a disability to benefit from The Logit Group’s goods and services. The alternative measure may be temporary or permanent, and will be agreed upon with the person with a disability.
Assistive Devices/communication supports
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices or communication supports that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.Service Animals
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on any parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons to enter premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities to our market research services or access to our facilities for customers with disabilities, Logit Group will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for Staff
Logit Group provides training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf as applicable. This training is provided during the orientation session after staff commence their duties. Training includes:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard’s plan
- Logit Group's plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require theassistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the assistive devices on-site eg. TTY, workstation modification, specialized software, etc.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Logit Group's goods and services Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Logit Group provides goods and services to people with disabilities can communicate with us in the following ways:
Postal mail: 302 The East Mall, Suite 400,Toronto, ON, Canada, M9B 6C7
Telephone (including TTY relay with a communications assistant): 1-866-84LOGIT
In-person: 302 The East Mall, Suite 400,Toronto, ON
All feedback will be directed to the HR Department and Senior Management. Customers can expect to hear back within 10 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures. Requests for feedback processes in alternative formats will be directed to the HR Department and Senior Management, and a reasonable format will be agreed upon with the individual involved. Alternative formats for individuals with a disability will be provided at no additional cost to the individual.
Accessible or alternative formats include:
- Adobe Acrobat with Read Out Loud Feature
- A large font size
- Accessible font (Verdana)
- Application such as Microsoft Magnify, Narrator, and On-Screen Keyboard.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Policies are periodically reviewed, and any policy of Logit Group that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.